For details of the topics we cover in each of our classes over the year, please see the documents below.
We have tried to include as much detail as possible about the different curriculum areas but if you have any questions then please contact the school office.
Our Year 1 pupils follow the Read Write Inc curriculum for English. Details of the English curriculum for the other year groups can be downloaded below.
- English Long Term Plan Years 1/2 (Maple)
- English Long Term Plan Year 2 (Willow)
- English Long Term Plan Years 3/4 (Juniper and Aspen)
- English Long Term Plan Years 4/5 (Rowan)
- English Long Term Plan Year 5 (Cedar)
- English Long Term Plan Year 6 (Hawthorn and Hazel)
- Year 1 English Statutory Requirements
- Year 2 English Statutory Requirements
- Years 3 and 4 English Statutory Requirements
- Years 5 and 6 English Statutory Requirements
- Parents Guide for Reading
- Parents Guide to Phonics in KS1
- Maths Teaching and Learning Approach 2017-18
- Year 1 Maths Statutory Requirements
- Year 2 Maths Statutory Requirements
- Year 3 Maths Statutory Requirements
- Year 4 Maths Statutory Requirements
- Year 5 Maths Statutory Requirements
- Year 6 Maths Statutory Requirements
- Science Curriculum 2017-18
- Year 1 Science Statutory Requirements
- Year 2 Science Statutory Requirements
- Year 3 Science Statutory Requirements
- Year 4 Science Statutory Requirements
- Year 5 Science Statutory Requirements
- Year 6 Science Statutory Requirements
Foundation subjects - History, Geography, Music, Art and DT, Food Technology - are taught within our Creative Curriculum topics. We also make links to other cross-curricular subjects, such as Science, PE, English and Maths, whenever possible. Details of the topics covered by each class during 2017-18 are below.
- Hawthorn and Hazel Year 6
- Cedar Year 5
- Rowan Year 4/5
- Aspen Year 3/4
- Juniper Year 3
- Willow Year 2
- Maple Year 1/2
- Chestnut Year 1
- History Statutory Requirements
- Geography Statutory Requirements
- Music Statutory Requirements
- Art and Design Statutory Requirements
- Design and Technology Statutory Requirements
In 2017-2018 we are following Year A in the RE Long Term Plan (see below).
For Modern Foreign Languages (MFL) we teach French to all children in Key Stage 2, following the Salut! programme by CGP. We employ a specialist French teacher, Mrs Ost, who works with each class in turn alongside the class teacher to deliver this part of the curriculum.
Computing skills (Programming, Computational thinking, Creativity, Computer networks, Communication and collaboration and Productivity) are taught through the Switched On Computing scheme of work.
As the basis of our approach to sex education we use the Wirral Local Authority Guidelines. The school nurse, in association with members of staff, provides “Growing Up” presentations for Year 6 boys and girls. Parents will be notified in advance of these sessions.