The school aims to encourage each child to work to the best of his/her ability throughout and attain the highest standards of which he/she is capable. In a happy, caring and stimulating environment we aim to develop a sense of self-respect and independence, which will encourage confident learners ready to meet problems posed in challenging work.
We want children to be able to:
- read fluently and accurately with understanding, discrimination and enjoyment
- communicate clearly and confidently in speech and writing in ways appropriate to various occasions and purposes
- write legibly and neatly with satisfactory standards of spelling, syntax punctuation and usage
- apply mathematical skills and concepts in a variety of ways
- know how to acquire information from various sources and record findings in a variety of ways
- show a first hand understanding of the application of technology in appropriate settings
- work in collaboration with others to investigate, interpret and solve problems
- know basic scientific concepts and to observe, clarify, hypothesise, predict and interpret information with curiosity, perseverance and open-mindedness
- use a range of creative arts and crafts as a means of expression
- possess a degree of agility and physical co-ordination leading to confidence in a range of physical activities
- know some geographical, historical and social aspects of the local environment and national heritage and to be aware of other times and places
- to have an appreciation of beautiful things made by a caring God.